Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. – Bob Marley, Redemption Songs
The United States is facing its Pluto return 2022-2025
If you feel like 2020 started a dumpster fire, it has been a preparation for what bubbles out of the U.S.A’s collective cauldron 2022-2025.
What is a Pluto Return?
Planetary returns often mark significant events in your life. Just like the Sun returns to the same place in the Sky at your birthday every year, all the planets eventually return to their initial landing spot in a birth chart. Ever heard of the ‘terrible twos’? Well, that’s a Mars return. What about the 27 club? Those celebrities who died at the age of 27-30 were experiencing their Saturn return.
Pluto takes about 250 years to return. So people don’t experience Pluto returns, but country’s do and that’s exactly what is happening for the United States of America in 2022. Plutonian Archetypes get louder and in our face, exposing a dark underbelly of what it means to be a U.S. citizen.
Did you know the U.S.A is a Cancer?
Surrounded by water, protective, and somewhat insecure – it makes sense, yes? The Sibly chart is the most common chart used for the ‘birthday’ of the United States of America, using July 4, 1776 at 5:10pm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the parameters. This birth chart shows the U.S. has an Aquarius 3rd house Moon (freedom of speech), Mars in Gemini (division of power, divided we fall), and Sagittarius rising (land of the free, home of the brave). This is the chart we are looking at when making predictions about the U.S. Pluto return.
Pluto represents deep karmic churnings, corruption of power, collapsing and rebuilding, and the aha moments after the dust settles. Wherever Pluto is traveling in a chart there is a story of crisis, a turning point, and a new outcome. If Jung and Freud were planets, they’d be Pluto. It’s all about regeneration and evolution. Fun fact: Pluto also represents the government in many astrology traditions.
The Pluto return will fall in the 2nd house of finances and security.
The second house is the part of the chart where we get insight around money, security, self-worth and net-worth.
In myth, Pluto is the God of the underworld, it governs the psyche, and the deep, dark mines of the Earth where the gold can be found. And we find that some people have made gold their god. We find others looking at crypto currency and other forms of money beneath the surface. We see investments, and the money market going through another level of change.
Why we’re talking about it Now
Plutonian events can be detected up to a year before the actual transit hits. Let’s look at some dates in history observed by Steven Forrest in recent teaching.
“It’s in our own hands (as ever) the planets hold the mirror of truth. How we work with our future over the next 2-3 years will determine the future of the USA. “ Steven Forrest
Plutonian events in the U.S.A.’s chart
Pluto weaves a storyline between the wealthy-elite and the working class.
- 1849 – Californian gold rush, 1848, Mexican-American War [transiting Pluto squared the U.S.’s natal Pluto 1848-1850
- 1935 – Social security act is passed [tr Pluto opposed the U.S.’s natal Pluto 1936-7]
- 1981 – largest tax cuts in history via the Reagan administration, reducing taxes by $750 billion [tr Pluto squared natal Pluto 1982-3]
- September 11th, 2001 – the attacks on the twin towers [Pluto moved into the first house, opposing transiting Saturn]
What can we anticipate?
You can really nerd out studying other countries that have gone through their Pluto return, but this is the first one for the U.S.A. So what could we expect to see? Pluto returns to Capricorn in the 2nd house, putting a focus on major changes in these areas:
- economic systems
- homeland security
- government hand-outs (student loan forgiveness, stimulus payments)
How to handle some of the changes we are facing:
- Things that really piss us off about our politics, our government, our policies, our laws continue to bubble up. Where can you live and let live instead of control others (for your own sense of safety)?
- Trust your instincts about what to do with your resources. I can’t tell you if investing in bitcoin is going to work out, or if you should buy/sell land because this return will hit your chart uniquely. Trust yourself. I invested my resources in bees, gardening, and improving our natural food resources.
- Notice if you’re holding on to possessions in order to feel safe. Get curious about yourself: do you want to feel more free and liberated, more secure, both?
- “My net worth is not my self-worth.” Value yourself, knowing your self-worth comes from within and is not based on the accumulation of things and that your personal power is not based on ambitions and socioeconomic status.
- Notice if you have any repressed anger bubbling up. Taking responsibility for your part of the problem (perceived, or real) is what frees you from the emotional drama of it all. When you take responsibility, you positively affect the outcome and remain empowered and solution-oriented.
- Have compassion for people that are being driven by their own neurosis around money, control, fear, shame, guilt, and a sense of loneliness and desperation (2nd house issues).
- Everyone deserves more unconditional love, not less. For some this period is like jumping off the high dive with hair on fire and being baptized in the deep end, coming out of the pool (hopefully) an entirely different person, with a brand new perspective.
- Figure out what would give you a sense of fulfillment – when is enough, enough?
- Remember that you, the observer, affect the experiment taking place from 2022-2025.
- Can you break out of an illusion, overcome denial, and participate in your own personal evolution? Can you flip over the devil card, the tower card, and still find the Sun card at the end of your spread?
What’s our karma? Where is the redemption?
Re·deem: to compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something). To gain or regain possession of (something) in exchange for payment.
The Pluto return will land close to the U.S’s South Node and wounded healer Chiron. Evolutionary astrologer Steven Forrest teaches that humans and nations grow by detaching from South Node issues and reaching for North Node issues. If the citizens of the U.S.A are taking care of their evolutionary work, we are moving towards a more enlightened society together. The thing is, not everyone is or ever will be – on the same path. Some folks evolve through fighting, isolating, blaming – others evolve by not arguing, not defending, not blaming and finding peace.
The U.S’s North Node is in Leo in the 8th house. Leo is ruled by the Sun, which falls in the 7th house – this means relationships become an important aspect of our soul growth as a country. Can we relocate our spirit of generosity and heart-centered leadership as a nation? The Statue of Liberty, one of the most iconic symbols of the nation was given to the U.S by France out of gratitude for what we had done for the world. Forrest reminded us of the welcoming plaque at the foot of Lady Liberty illustrates a spirit of generosity:
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” Emma Lazarus
Astrologer’s Note: One of the biggest signature events of 2021 leading up to this Pluto return is the Saturn/Uranus, which has been described as a controlled demolition of freedom. Isn’t it interesting that what’s being deconstructed has roots in issues around equality, power, police, slavery, etc.? Yet while Saturn and Uranus are at odds, they are actually in harmony in the Sibly chart (birth chart of the U.S.)
I report this objectively: Saturn is in Libra in the 10th house of the Sibly chart, representing the conservative oligarchy (Trump, old system, wealthy, elitist). Uranus is in the 6th house of the blue-collar society (Biden, new system, working-class). We have seen evidence of these two planets in trine working together for our benefit, yet we tend to focus on what’s wrong with the other party/group. The opportunity for evolution comes when we’re able to find similarities and focus there.
What does this mean for U.S. citizens?
Astrology can be worked with instead of being impacted by it. Now you have some of the secrets of the Universe. Working with this transit at a personal level involves engaging with your own redemption story. What house is 27-Capricorn in your chart? This house and it’s meanings will tell you what area to really shine some lovelight on in the coming years. Need some help learning the houses? We have a free handout for you here! Additionally, I’ve written a special report to help you identify your best growth strategies (for your personal growth, and your finances).
Special Report: Financial Horoscope to prepare you for 2022-2025 [COMING SOON]
Should you remain conservative, or take a leap of faith? The U.S. Pluto return stimulates everyone differently. Here is a sneak peek for this special report, which should be used for entertainment purposes only. Invest in the full report for only $9.99 here (coming soon!).
- Aries: make bold changes in your career
- Taurus: time to change your social circle
- Gemini: facing some demons
- Cancer: you’re impacted personally, at every level
- Leo: your finances are impacted/rebuilt
- Virgo: your communication systems break/repair
- Libra: your sense of belonging, home, and family are changing
- Scorpio: your ability to find creative solutions is being challenged
- Sagittarius: time to change your day to day routine
- Capricorn: your relationships are changing
- Aquarius: your shared resources and deepest bonds are evolving
- Pisces: this impacts the way you feel about your world deeply
Tiff offers private sessions and classes. She uses the Golden Tarot deck combined with yogic philosophy and her lineage of Russian mysticism to answer your questions through practical advice. She holds a Masters degree in Health Psychology and founded Spellbound Publishers, a metaphysical book company. She owns and operates Wise Skies. When she’s not reading star charts you can find her advocating for bees and gardening. Follow her work at www.TiffanyHarelik.com