Import the Wise Skies .ics files into Google Calendar
- Click the down-arrow next to My calendars
- Select Create a new calendar
- Give the new calendar whatever name you like. (Please do not check the box to make it public!)
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Import calendar
- Click Choose file and find the Wise Skies .ics file you want, then click Open
- Select the Google Calendar where you’d like to import events (your new calendar), then click Import
- Repeat until the calendars you want are in place.
- You will have to initially set up the files using a desktop or laptop computer. (After they are set up, you can access them with any device.)
- We do NOT recommend installing all the Wise Skies entries in the same calendar! Wise Skies Calendar contains a LOT of information! The beauty of using Google Calendar is that you can show what you want and hide the rest.
- Not seeing your Wise Skies calendars on your phone, tablet, or other device? You must enable that functionality from within your Google account. This link should get you there, as long as you are logged into your acccount.
Pro tips – using Wise Skies Calendar with Google Calendar
- To overcome “information overload,” click the colored squares on the left side of your calendar window to SHOW or HIDE calendars as needed. (If you don’t see them, click the triangle to the left of “My calendars.”)
- When you import a new calendar, Google makes it whatever color it wants. Point your mouse at a calendar’s name in this menu and click the down arrow to adjust display COLORS to your liking.
- Mouse over the down arrow and select “Reminders and Notifications” to set REMINDERS
- On the same Reminders tab, click the box next to “Daily Agenda” to include that calendar’s events in the agenda that Google e-mails you every day.
- Switch between monthly, weekly, and daily views
How are you using Wise Skies Calendar with Google Calendar? Post your feedback, question, or tip here in the comments!